Travel Tips for visiting Kerala
For the convenience of every guest who travels to Kerala, we encourage you to read through the Kerala travel tips mentioned here. The tips mentioned are as per our own experience and is subjective depends on different perspective.
- Kerala has a balanced climate throughout the year and you do not experience extreme hot or cold
- We recommend you to carry woolen clothes if your itinerary includes Munnar or Thekkady as they are cold places
- Try to have a balanced Itinerary between traveling and destinations covered. Don’t try to cover more places if you have less days to spend
- If you are at Munnar, you require atleast 2 nights to enjoy this beautiful place
- Thekkady requires only one day if you are a normal traveler. If you are interested in adventure activities you can stay for 2 or 3 nights
- While finalizing the Itinerary check about the hotels selected in google and make sure those are as per your preferences. Check standard of hotel as well their locations. This is purely a subjective matter and make sure you do some research on this. Some people like to stay in heart of city but some love to get away from the city.
Flight Train Booking
- While doing flight reservations, you can book to Cochin (Kochi – COK) or Trivandrum depends on your travel plan and with the consultation of your travel agent. Most packages starts from Cochin
- While booking train if you are trying for Cochin, search Ernakulam which is same as Cochin. There is no railway station by name Cochin and code for Ernakulam is ERN and ERS
Safety while travelling
- Safety is of prior importance and we recommend you to use seat belts while traveling
- For your safety, try to carry minimal gold ornaments
- There are lots of ATMs at most of the places there by avoiding carrying more cash with you
- Always try to carry mineral water with you and avoid unsafe water from taps for drinking
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol is prohibited at public places and will be fined if caught
- Do carry your medicines and few tablets for fever, cold, head ache, vomiting etc
- If you have the habit of vomiting during traveling, inform your driver in advance. If you get the feel for vomiting during travel ask your drive to stop the vehicle.
- It is not recommended to travel after 7PM as there will be fog on the road and is danger to drive during this time. Try to reach your hotel before 7PM so that you get enough time for relaxing and re-energizing yourself for the next day
Paradise Holidays Cochin wishes you a safe and pleasant journey